Do you know that many overweight people suffer from water retention and that weight gain and water retention work shoulder to shoulder?
Many overweight individuals also suffer from water retention mainly because of the excess amount of unhealthy calories that often contain higher amounts of sodium which contribute greatly to water retention.
However, the are a lot of things outline on the internet and in media to lose weight and reduce water retention such as regular exercise, and eating healthy. Here we want to talk about something so special that probably you didn’t know.
And that is noting else but drinking parsley tea to lose weight and reduce water retention.
Yes, parsley is a small plant but has a very important health benefit. The component contains in parsley has that natural ability to lose weight and reduce water retention.
The nutrient contains in parsley include potassium, calcium, flavonoid (antioxidant) known as quercetin, vitamins A, B (folate), C and K as well as the minerals iron.
parsley is also a natural (and mild) diuretic that helps the body get rid of excess fluid without depleting the body of the important nutrients.
According to the department of biology at Istanbul, university parsley is found to reduce sugar levels in diabetic patients. And there has also been a lot of other research work that has testified to these facts.
When your sugar level is healthy two things are involved one, you will have a long term weight balance thereby keeping your liver healthy and two, your digestive system will become strong.
Parsley is a herb that is hard to consume, due to its unpalatable nature. But due to its health benefit and the fact that a large amount is required to obtain if full benefits, we introduce to you parsley tea to lose weight and reduce water retention.
How Parsley Tea Work to Lose Weight and Reduce Water Retention
Parsley tea works just the same as the parsley plant, it has the ability to flush the body system with some excess fluid.
Drinking parsley tea kick start the weight loss process, it can also be used as a vegetable broth supplement to help cut calories while still providing all of those amazing vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
You can also use it as a drink in place of sugary juices or beverages. If you do, you will find that you will lose both the water weight packed on in other ways.
How to Make Parsley Tea
- Get a fresh parsley leaf tea
- Boil 1 cup (250 ml) of purified water using a tea kettle
- Rinse 1/4 cup (60 ml) of fresh parsley leaves with a cool running water
- Roughly chop the parsley or leave it whole
- But chopping or gently crushing the parsley in your hand can help release some of its natural oils, so it may result in stronger tea.
- After chopping or crushing the parsley leave it in the bottom of one teacup, pour hot water over the leaves, then allow the tea to steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Parsley tea can seem very bitter, and the flavor becomes stronger as you steep it longer
- Strain the leave and collect the liquid tea in a different teacup
- Drink the parsley tea immediately to enjoy the best flavor
- If you want to sweeten the tea just a bit, add some honey to taste